Monday, June 30, 2008

One little meme

My good friend Bret Capranica is a pastor at First Baptist Church of San Jacinto. He recently "tagged" me with this meme:

In an effort to keep it simple, short, and easy to follow, I’d like to challenge you to quote one verse (not one chapter). And then say what the Lord has been teaching you in one sentence (not one paragraph). Then tag 5 peeps (you know the drill).


Thanks, Bret (I think). I really hope this won't set a precedent for lots of future memes, but just one little meme is okay, right? Anyway, here goes...

My verse: "We proclaim Him, admonishing every man and teaching every man with all wisdom, so that we may present every man complete in Christ." (Col. 1:28)

My lesson: God has called me to exalt the greatest name (Jesus)
through the greatest means (preaching) to the greatest group (all people) for the greatest goal (Christlikeness) by the greatest strength (see Col. 1:29); what a privilege!

Tag, you're it:
John & Jessica Pham
Mike & Cheryl Prince
Mark Baker
Darrin & Monique Smith
Darien & Libby Bowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...