Friday, November 14, 2008

A practical thinker

I just ran a "Typealyzer" analysis of my blog, and it labels me as a "Mechanic" who is a "practical thinker." Here's my profile:
The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment are masters of responding to challenges that arise spontaneously. They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts.

The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters.
Hey! I guess church life is pretty fun, adventurous, and risky stuff! Being a pastor is a high and challenging calling, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

It's also interesting to see how some of my favorite bloggers rate in the Typealyzer test:

Al Mohler - a thinker (no surprise there!)
Justin Taylor - a thinker
Tim Challies - a thinker
Logos blog - a guardian
Michael Hyatt - a mechanic
Walter Price - an idealist
David Sqyres - an idealist
Bret Capranica - a duty fulfiller
Jessica Pham - a performer

1 comment:

  1. HI! When I first saw "performer" I was so frustrated because in my personal relationship with Christ I am trying to not be such a performer, but just "trust" him. But when I read the analysis, I was quite pleased. It hit the nail on the head, given that we just had our apartment painted beautiful soft colors (which was VERY important to me) and I am always buying nice fabrics and such for the home. And planning ahead? No thanks! Only thing that wasn't "spot on" was the avoiding confrontation. If it is there and needs to be addressed, I will deal with it. :)

    Here's what it said:

    The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves.

    The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.

    That's a cool website! I think yours sounds close too! :)

    Have a great day! I need to get going to go "perform" or something like that.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...