Monday, September 28, 2009

Making an eternal difference

I believe we all want to be part of something greater than ourselves, to touch lives and make an impact that will outlast our short lives under the sun.

One of the greatest ways to do this is to be committed and involved in a local church. Those who think they are doing great and noble things for God's kingdom apart from His church are driving down a dead-end street. Ray Ortlund writes...

Suppose I said, “My passion isn’t to build up my marriage. My passion is for Marriage. I want the institution of Marriage to be revered again. I’ll work for that. I’ll pray for that. I’ll sacrifice for that. But don’t expect me to hunker down in the humble daily realities of building a great marriage with my wife Jani. I’m aiming at something grander.”

If I said that, would you think, “Wow, Ray is so committed”? Or would you wonder if I had lost my mind?

If you care about the Kingdom, be the kind of person who can be counted on in your own church. Join your church, pray for your church, tithe to your church, participate in your church every Sunday with wholehearted passion.

We build great churches the same way we build great marriages — real commitment that makes a positive difference every day.

HT: Justin Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...