Thursday, December 3, 2009

Want to learn Greek?

I’ve had a few people at church ask recently about learning Biblical Greek together, and I would like to find out who is genuinely interested in this.

It doesn't matter where you live. Whether you live right down the street or across the world, anyone could potentially join us.

Greek is a vivid and precise language that gives great insight into the grammar and meaning of the New Testament. It’s a challenging language, but well worth the effort.

I have taken five semesters of Greek and use it regularly in my sermon prep, so while I’m no expert, I would love to share what the Lord has taught me up to now, and am confident that teaching it to others would stretch and sharpen my own skills.

I’m considering starting a class in January 2010 with a “blended” format of lecture, homework, and online discussion:
  • Our main textbook would be Bill Mounce’s Basics of Biblical Greek and the accompanying workbook
  • We could meet twice a month on Tuesday nights from 6:30-8:30 pm. Each student would have the option of attending class at church, or staying at home and video-conferencing with us via the free online service Skype.
  • Students would also participate in weekly discussion topics using Google Groups. It is a very easy-to-use website, and I have already created a tentative group for our class.
Please leave a comment below if you’re interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...