Saturday, May 22, 2010

No Monday sermons

Friends, there are no Monday sermons.

I've heard this advice from pastors in the past, and it rings painfully true this afternoon. Whether I like it or not, Sunday is a-comin' like a freight train, and I've got to get ready. I can't postpone my studies and my sermon until Monday. I've got to stand up at the pulpit tomorrow morning and had better have a word from the Lord.

This has been a very strange week. Heidi was up most of Sunday night with a fever and vomiting, most likely due to heat exhaustion. Monday and Tuesday, we made a quick trip to Fresno and back for our second SBC Open Forum (I hope to write more about this next week). Wednesday was fairly uneventful. But Thursday night I came down with either food poisoning or a flu bug, which kept me in the bathroom much of the night. Friday, I spent almost the whole day in bed recuperating. Today, I'm finally getting back to normal.

So now, it's time to study and get ready to preach tomorrow. There are no Monday sermons.

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you this morning and that God's word bears much fruit in you and among the flock.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...