Thursday, December 30, 2010

Evangelism articles

One of our big areas of focus in 2011 at First Southern Baptist will be evangelism. God has been giving me a greater burden for the lost, and I pray this coming year will find our people better equipped and excited to share their faith.

We will not be doing much by way of events or programs, other than our annual Vacation Bible School and Grubstake Days booth. Instead, we'll be focusing on training and equipping our people to share the gospel in their own circle of influence.

At this point, I'm leaning toward using the book Share Jesus Without Fear as our main training manual. It gives confidence and a sound theology of evangelism, good transition questions, a concise gospel outline with key Scriptures, and answers to common objections. There's also a video series that goes with it, but I haven't had a chance to review that yet. I have a few qualms with some of the finer details in the book, but believe its strengths far outweigh its weaknesses, and that any problems can be addressed while teaching through the material.

I spent some time this morning looking back through my old blog posts on evangelism, and thought perhaps some of them would interest you as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...