I've noticed that many parents in our church are now keeping their kids with them for the entire Sunday morning worship service. I admire this decision and love to see families worshiping together (especially by the time kids enter grade school).
Parents, if you're looking for ways to keep your kids engaged in the worship service, here are some helpful articles:
- The Family: Together in God’s Presence – a theological basis by Noel Piper
- Teaching Kids to Sit Through Church – a short and practical blog article
- Listening Page – a printable worksheet for non-readers
- Note-taking Sheet – a printable worksheet for readers
Jesus said, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God” (Mk. 10:14). What a privilege to nurture young children in the faith. In a way, these kids are the most important guests at our church on Sunday morning. For they are the next generation who will serve God, long after the rest of us are gone.
- A Bible for Every Age and Reading Level
- Kids Worship CDs
- Truth & Grace Memory Books
- The Message Behind Children's Clothes
- Disciplining our Children
Photo credit: freedigitalphotos