Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Persecution of Christ and the church

On Sunday evening, August 3, I had the privilege of preaching at our former church, Placerita Baptist Church in Newhall, California. The topic for the night was "The Persecuted Work of Christ: The Painful Path to Glory." We looked together at Jesus' discourse in John 15 and noticed four facts about persecution:

1. The Promise of Persecution (Jn. 15:18-21)

2. The Pinnacle of Persecution (Jn. 15:18-21)

3. The Purpose of Persecution (Jn. 15:22-25)

4. The Paraclete of Persecution (Jn. 15:26-27)

Studying and preaching this passage really opened my eyes to the importance of Christ's persecution, the dark reality of persecution over twenty centuries of Christianity, and the tremendous value of the Holy Spirit in times of affliction.

You can download or listen to the sermon here.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you guys had a good time connecting with old friends at Placerita. We miss everyone so much. I check your blog often but I'm just a looker. Your kids are getting so big and little Miss Heidi is so pretty! I loved that video too of David vs. Goliath. My daughter watched it over and over because she liked it too! It's nice to see how other parents teach and train their children. Take care and give a hug to Natalie for me!
    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique, great to hear from you. It was certainly nice to see old friends at PBC. Thanks for checking the blog. Stop by anytime and don't feel obligated to leave a comment, though they are always read and appreciated! :) Your kids are growing up so fast. I love the pictures on your blog. I will pass along your greeting to Natalie.

    ReplyDelete

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...