Thursday, November 19, 2009

Reason to be thankful

We ought always to give thanks to God for you, brethren, as is only fitting, because your faith is greatly enlarged, and the love of each one of you toward one another grows ever greater. 2 Thessalonians 1:3

Paul overflowed with praise to God as he saw the faith and love of his fellow Christians in Thessalonica. Their perseverance brought thankfulness to his heart. I know how he feels, because yesterday, I had a similar feeling when I saw this same kind of faith and love put on display.

A woman in our church recently fell while taking two simple steps from her stove to her sink. In the process, she broke 2 ribs and is in terrible pain. After receiving medical treatment and coming back home, I spoke with her on the phone.

She said, “Pastor, I don’t like the pain, but I thank the Lord. God is good. I know the Lord had a reason, and He knows best. I thank Him for the good and the bad. He permitted it. My faith has never been what it is today.”

This is music to my ears. It brings joy to my heart and strength to my bones. Such praise to God is the highest reward I could ever dream of in this life. It is fitting for me to give thanks to God. With dear Christians in my flock demonstrating such faith and love, I have much reason to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...