Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sweet fellowship

I won't be blogging on the next chapter of The Courage to Be Protestant until Friday. Over the past 24 hours, I took an unplanned trip to see John Pham, IMB missionary, who is briefly here in the States.

John and his family are currently in language school in Costa Rica, but because of his dad's poor health, John made a quick trip to California to spend a few days with his dad and sisters. This morning and afternoon, I had the privilege of visiting and praying with John and his family, and just fellowshipping with John.

Our church first met and "adopted" the Phams a little over a year ago, at the Missions Appointment Service at Immanuel Baptist Church in Highland. Since that time, it's been a privilege to grow better acquainted. Through their blog, phone, email correspondence, we've been able to vicariously experience many of the joys and trials of missionary life. It's especially been good for our church to partner together and pray more specifically for some of the needs of our Southern Baptist missionaries.

Today was the most time I've ever spent with John, and I really felt a kinship with him. It was great to be able to talk about family and ministry and missions strategies. I'm so thankful the Lord brought us together in His kind providence, and I look forward to seeing their ministry in South America blossom in the years ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...