Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our first geocaching expedition

After two years of anticipation, I finally got a Garmin GPS Etrex H for my birthday and have begun the fun, family-friendly hobby of geocaching. Geocaching is scavenger hunting for hidden "caches." I love the concept. It involves exercise and the exploring the great outdoors of God's creation, but requires nothing more than a GPS unit (about $85 for low-end, but accurate models) and an online geocache account (free at geocaching.com).

Here are some pictures of our first "expedition" in Colorado Springs, just down the street from my parent's house. We were rewarded with a beautiful view of the city and Pikes Peak. (On our second hunt, Natalie spotted a deer up-close from 20 feet!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...