Friday, July 5, 2013

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled


"Let not your hearts be troubled. 
Believe in God. Believe also in me.”
 
Jesus spoke these words to His disciples just hours before His death. And in dark times, we need to hear them again.

Like those first disciples, perhaps you feel panicked or discouraged today. Let Jesus calm your turbulent heart with this promise: “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am, you may be also” (John 14:3).

If your health fails, don’t let your heart be troubled!

If your job is at risk, don’t let your heart be troubled!

If you feel alone, don’t let your heart be troubled!

Even if our nation redefines marriage, don’t let your heart be troubled!

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

He is still seated upon His throne and offers peace to all who trust in Him. God holds us like a loving father and says, “Don’t worry. I’m right here. Everything’s going to be OK."

Related posts:

photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Blog

Today I'm closing up shop and launching a new blog called Pinch of Clay. You can visit it by clicking here . Please stop by and...